JAMB CAPS 2019: Jamb New Admission Process & Policy.
- 1 JAMB CAPS 2019: Jamb New Admission Process & Policy.
- 2 Jamb CAPS: Jamb 2019/2020 Admission Process & Policy
- 2.1 Jamb Forward Names Of Those Your Pass To Their Institution Of Choice.
- 2.2 Institution / JAMB CAPS Cuts Off Mark
- 2.3 Caps Specialists Trained
- 2.4 Jamb Policy Meeting
- 2.5 Caps Admission Features
- 2.6 Institution Gets Students Detail / Record From CAPS
- 2.7 Candidate Should Upload Their Result To Jamb Portal
- 2.8 Institution Post UTME
- 2.9 Post Utme Result
- 2.10 Caps Ranking Signal
- 2.11 List Of Successful Candidates In Caps
- 2.12 Caps Admission Letter Printing
- 2.13 What Happen If You Reject Admission?
- 2.14 Jamb Caps Market Place Operations
- 2.15 Related
Hello Viewer, In this article i would like to share with you everything you need to know about Jamb new Admission Process / Method, Last year Jamb introduced a new Admission Checker called JAMB CAPS,
Jamb Caps Means Jamb Central Admission Processing System, in the view of things this portal enable all candidate that Participate in the Last Joint Admission & Matriculation Board Examination to check there admission status easily, it also enable student to ACCEPT or REJECT is Jamb 2019 Admission.
As you all know everything in Life is a step by step process, also JAMB CAPS is a step by Step Process, All Institution & Candidate are to follow the guideline listed below:
Jamb CAPS: Jamb 2019/2020 Admission Process & Policy
If you are among those that Participate in the Concluded Jamb & Post Utme Examination here are the process your details go through before you can be successfully admitted.
Jamb Forward Names Of Those Your Pass To Their Institution Of Choice.
After the completion of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the results had been successfully released, Jamb will collate everything and forward the list of successful candidate, I means those who Pass to their institution of Choice.
Institution / JAMB CAPS Cuts Off Mark
After jamb send the List, The Institution will now determine their general Cut Off mark for all department and thereafter the institution is required to forward the same general cut off mark to JAMB ahead of the Policy Meeting and programme (course).
Jamb Receive and gather Individual Institution and programme (course) Cut Off Marks as determined by their respective Senate/Academic Board.
Caps Specialists Trained
In each Institution Jamb trained Three (3) Representatives which include the (Vice Chancellors / Registrars / Provosts), Registrars and Admissions Desk Officers on the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).
Jamb Policy Meeting
Policy Meeting holds with Heads of Tertiary Institution and Regulators to determine, among others, the General Cut Off Marks for categories of institutions, based on earlier submissions of individual Cut Off marks by the Institutions.
Caps Admission Features
After the success of the Policy Meeting, JAMB requires each Institution to reconfirm its Cut Off Marks and Sets the Cut Off Mark and other Institution specific parameters such as other Admissions Criteria (e.g. Post UTME Screening) and carrying capacity on CAPS.This is on going.
Institution Gets Students Detail / Record From CAPS
Institutions download (from CAPS) details of Candidates that meet the Institution’s and program’s Cut Off Mark and had selected them as First Choice Institutions. JAMB additionally provides soft copy of the same information on CDs to Institutions.
Candidate Should Upload Their Result To Jamb Portal
Candidates using awaiting O’Level Result (waec or neco) are to upload it to Jamb portal immediately it is out.
Institution Post UTME
Institutions are now required to conduct Post UTME / Admission Screenings for downloaded candidates.
Post Utme Result
Post UTME results are being considered as admission factor by schools. Where applicable, the results are uploaded to CAPS to obtain aggregate scores for the candidates.
Caps Ranking Signal
CAPS ranks and suggests candidates that meet the Institution’s Admissions Criteria as configured on the system by the Institution.
List Of Successful Candidates In Caps
- The Admissions Desk Officer of the Institution reviews the List of the Suggested Candidates and makes the decision as to which candidates to select for further processing.
- The Admissions Desk Officer generates a List of Proposed Candidates for review and approval of the Head of the Institution
- The Head of the Institution reviews the List of Proposed Candidates as appropriates and push the List of Recommended Candidates to JAMB.
- The JAMB (Admission Officer) reviews the Recommended Candidates to confirm they are from those initially sent to the Institution; met the Admissions Criteria as advertised in the brochure and as set on CAPS by the Institution, including upload of and confirm that no qualified candidate has been unjustly denied Admission. No candidate will be considered without the upload of his/her O’Level and/or A’ Level results.
- JAMB generates a List of Provisional Admissions.
- JAMB notifies Candidates to Accept / Reject Admission.
- Candidate Accepts / Rejects Admission on the JAMB Portal or through USSD or Short Service Code within 72 hours.
- If Candidate Accepts Provisional Admission, JAMB updates Admission Status and forwards List of Confirmed Admissions to the Institution.
Caps Admission Letter Printing
Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing.
What Happen If You Reject Admission?
If Candidate Rejects Admission, he/she becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions.
Jamb Caps Market Place Operations
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration.
Institutions may specify various selection parameters such as UTME score, State/ Local Government, Gender, preferred programmes /course of the Candidates.
The List of Candidates so selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. Candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
The Candidates could also approach the Market Place to announce availability for Admission consideration from any institution or for any programme different from those earlier indicated during the UTME Registration, provided s/he has requisite O’ Level Results and wrote the required subject combination in the UTME.
Any agreement or understanding on Admission consideration between the Institution and candidate based on Market Place operations will have to be effected with a requirement for the Candidate to effect a Change of Institution on the JAMB Portal to be available for Download (Step 6 above) by the new Institution to follow the subsequent steps in the Admission Process.
Important Notice On Jamb Caps:
The existing window for candidates to change Institution or Programme in addition to the Market Place is still available through the e-Facility. Institutions can download (Step 6 of the Admission Process) list of additional candidates who have changed to the institutions since the last download Admissions of candidates can be processed instantly or in batches by Institutions.
JAMB CAPS PORTAL / WEBSITE: WWW.CAPS.JAMB.GOV.NG
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL, HELP A FRIEND BY SHARING THIS POST & IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION OR FACING ANY PROBLEM YOU CONTACT US THOUGHT THE COMMENT BOX.